Does turbo tax ask for my bank user name and password? Never needed it before. Not comfortable giving out that information so is there a way around it?

New this year I am reporting income from 1099R. After clicking yes it asks for personal bank login information. Never needed it before.

IF you check "Import from my bank or brokerage" it needs to log-in - to receive authorization from the bank or brokerage  so that access can be granted to your account.

If you check "I'll type it myself" then no login required.

You only need that if you want to "attempt"  to import it from the bank (or other financial Provider). SO of course you would need the username and password, otherwise anyone could get your info.

SO...Do NOT try to select the bank

..Ignore the box at the top of the screen and leave it blank.

.....go to the lower-Rt corner and click on

.........."I'll type it in myself"

Then enter your values manually using your paper copy