turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

In 2015 we weren't married, so one has sales tax included and the other has income tax. How can I get that on this form

Turbo tax put both together, so I couldn't separate the two itemized items
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

In 2015 we weren't married, so one has sales tax included and the other has income tax. How can I get that on this form

If you are talking about entering the state tax refund received for a prior year, only state and local income tax would be reported as potential income in the current year, if only one  taxpayer itemized in the prior year and chose that deduction rather than state sales tax.

You should be able to enter the correct amount by typing 1099-g in the Find window on the upper right, then selecting 1099-g, state and local tax refunds from the list below, then selecting the Jump To.

For 2016, you will have to choose one or the other.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anita01

If you are talking about entering the state tax refund received for a prior year, only state and local income tax would be reported as potential income in the current year, if only one  taxpayer itemized in the prior year and chose that deduction rather than state sales tax.

You should be able to enter the correct amount by typing 1099-g in the Find window on the upper right, then selecting 1099-g, state and local tax refunds from the list below, then selecting the Jump To.

For 2016, you will have to choose one or the other.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies