Solved: If using Turbotax (CD),and I efile a fed/state return,is my info sent directly to the federal/state's servers or does it go through or get saved to a Turbotax server?

If using Turbotax (CD),and I efile a fed/state return,is my info sent directly to the federal/state's servers or does it go through or get saved to a Turbotax server?

When using Turbotax (CD), and I e-file a federal or state return, is the information sent directly to the federal government's/state's servers or does it go through a Turbo tax server? Is any of my data saved to turbo tax servers if I don't efile? If so exactly what data is saved in any case? Please be specific and don't just point me to the privacy policy.

If you are using the TurboTax Desktop (CD/download) platform, the info you've entered goes directly to IRS servers.   The same thing is true of the state returns.  The only copies of your returns are on the computer on which your returns are prepared or any other device you've saved them to.

TurboTax has no record of your data entry nor access to your tax return.

You can, of course, always opt to file all returns by mail to avoid electronic transmission of information.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***