Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If Turbo Tax messed up my taxes last year, what number or email do I use to contact the right department?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

If Turbo Tax messed up my taxes last year, what number or email do I use to contact the right department?

You do not mention how you think TurboTax "messed up" your taxes last year.

TurboTax provides do-it-yourself tax software.  TurboTax guarantees the calculations done by its software.   The information entered into that software is data entered by you, the user.   TurboTax cannot and does not check that information against any outside sources, so TT cannot know if you entered your information completely or correctly.   It is up to you to enter all of your information correctly and completely, and to check your tax return before you file it.  If you forget to enter some income, or enter it incorrectly, enter it in the wrong place, etc. then you may end up owing additional tax to the IRS and/or state.  TurboTax does not pay the additional tax you owe.   If TurboTax’s calculations were incorrect, and you owe penalties and/or interest, then TT will pay the penalties and interest.  The tax due is always owed by you, and must be paid by you.

If you need to enter a claim for the accuracy guarantee:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/intuit-account-billing/submit-claim-turb...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies