Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

deb92

If TT says me and hubby are eligible for a 3rd stim pmnt of $2800, and we each rec'd Letter 6475 stating we rec'd $2100, then do I only enter $2100 or $4200 in the box?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

If TT says me and hubby are eligible for a 3rd stim pmnt of $2800, and we each rec'd Letter 6475 stating we rec'd $2100, then do I only enter $2100 or $4200 in the box?

For married individuals filing a joint return, each spouse will receive their own letter showing half of the total amount. So you would post $4,200.

See IRS statement:  Understanding Your Letter 6475

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The only Stimulus issued last year was a maximum  $1400 per person. Not $2100 per person...I've not heard of anyone receiving less. How did you get your stimulus benefit? If it was by Direct Deposit, those payments were sent out between 3/1/21 and 5/1/21. Check out your bank statements to see how much you received. There were NO separate checks checks sent out for joint filers. Hope this helps

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies