dubwolf23

If my mom claimed me back she supported me 100 percent 10 months out of the year; can I still file taxes on the money I put in working the last two months of the year

CAN I FILE A RETURN IF I AM A DEPENDENT?

If you can be claimed as a dependent on your parents’ return, you can still file your own return so that you can receive a refund of taxes withheld.  (You will not get back anything for Social Security or Medicare withheld.) Be sure that on your own return you say that you can be claimed as a dependent on someone else’s return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/children-dependents/help/do-i-need-to-file-my-own-taxes-if-i-m-a-d...

Do you qualify as her dependent?  If you made over $4,400 and you are 19 or older she might not be able to claim you.

Here are the rules for claiming a dependent.  Do you qualify as a dependent?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/credits-and-deductions/help/who-can-i-claim-as-my-dependent/00/267...

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing