Solved: If my girlfriend wants to double my mortgage payment every month to help pay off my mortgage faster do I have to claim as income?

If my girlfriend wants to double my mortgage payment every month to help pay off my mortgage faster do I have to claim as income?

For example, my mortgage is $600 per month, my girlfriend wants to pay me $600 additional per month bringing my total payment to $1,200 for the month. It is only my name on the house. I was curious if paying over the minimum mortgage payment would make her additional $600 to be considered income instead of shared expenses. Bonus points question: if we go through in this manner is it best for her to pay my account directly (ie. Gift me the money)... Or option 2 open shared account we both pay into and debit said account. Any help is greatly appreciated!

No, this is not income to you because the money is a gift.  You can choose to make the payment under whichever method works for both of you.

Thanks for your response! If her gift is under the 14 k annual exclusion rate, does she need to claim or file the gift tax return?

No.