If my federal was accepted but my state rejected on a different tax program, can I fix my state and refile both with turbotax? Or will both be rejected?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed my taxes on a different tax program and mistyped a part of my state taxes, which got rejected. For various reasons I can't fix the problem on the original site, so I'm trying to refile my state taxes on a different site, but they all require federal to also be filed. I don't want my state to be rejected again because my federal is technically a duplicate, according to the IRS. Will they still accept my state re-do even though my federal is a duplicate?

Hi - as you guessed, your federal will get rejected if you file it with TurboTax as it was already filed. We don't allow state returns to be filed separately to Federal, so unfortunately I don't have a good solution for you.