turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

usb30fd

If my 2022 AGI is correct according to my 2022 1040, then why is it being rejected when I try to e-file on TurboTax for 2023?

So I've been rejected twice in my federal filing for my taxes this year. I am a dependent, have only one stream of income, I'm fairly young, and don't make much to begin with. I have a copy of my 2022 1040, I know for a fact that the number is correct, and have inputted my 2022 AGI where requested. So I have no idea as to why it keeps getting rejected or what I can do to fix it.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

If my 2022 AGI is correct according to my 2022 1040, then why is it being rejected when I try to e-file on TurboTax for 2023?

If it was rejected for AGI—-your 2022 AGI might not be in the IRS system if you filed late.   Try using zero instead.

If filing with zero is rejected then file again but select the option that you did not file last year.  The IRS does not see that question and it will allow you to e-file with no AGI question.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/where-do-i-correct-my-agi-in-turbotax-online/00/26311

If that does not work and you still cannot e-file, then print, sign, and mail your tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies