If you haven't filed your return yet, you can go back into the 1099-INT entry screen and make the change.
If you've already filed your return, you don't need to amend your return to change the company's name -- the IRS uses the EIN to match documents.
To return to the 1099-INT screen, please follow these steps:
- Click on Federal > Wages & Income.
- Scroll down to the Interest and Dividends section and click on the Start/Revisit box next to Interest on 1099-INT
- If you've already entered the 1099-INT, you will see a screen, Here's the interest we have so far. Click Edit next to the entry.
- Enter the new name in the Received From box.
- On the next screen, click on I'll type it in myself.
- Enter the dividend information.
- If you have information in boxes other than 1a, 1b and 2a, mark the box My form has info in more than just these boxes (this is uncommon) and the other boxes will appear.
- Continue through the interview.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Still have questions?Make a post