• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beth-cook1

If I requested an installment plan, but want to just pay in full, can I still do this? It looks like the vouchers they sent me add up to more than what I owe.

4 Replies
JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

If I requested an installment plan, but want to just pay in full, can I still do this? It looks like the vouchers they sent me add up to more than what I owe.

Yes, you can pay in full at any point.

The total of your payments in an installment agreement will be more than the tax that was due because they charge a fee for an installment agreement and interest for the amount paid after the deadline. 

The sooner you pay the total tax, the less the total will be. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
beth-cook1

How do I make the payment?

DoninGA
Level 15

@beth-cook1 wrote:

How do I make the payment?

Go to this IRS website to pay federal taxes owed - https://www.irs.gov/payments

JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

You can send a check or money order with the full amount due to the address on the payment vouchers or

you can make an online payment here

The Direct Pay option is free, the Debit Card or Credit Option charge a convenience fee.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v