If I owe $4,000 in back child support and the state already garnished my state refund, will they also garnish my federal refund kids’ mom is receiving public assistance?

They might.  NOTE: You can contact the IRS Treasury Offset Program Call Center at 1-800-304-3107 to ask if they have an offset for you on file. TurboTax would not have that information.

There is an offset on my file. The state refund of 2590 was garnished for back child support but Ive been holding out hope for the federal. That money was going straight to my first month’s rent and security. If I am not going to get it then I need a new game plan