Solved: "If I filed someone else's taxes under my account and now I'm ready to file my own, but it keeps taking me to the other person's summary. What do I need to do?"
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

"If I filed someone else's taxes under my account and now I'm ready to file my own, but it keeps taking me to the other person's summary. What do I need to do?"

I filed taxes for two other people.  Now I want to file my own and the system acts as though I have already filed.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

"If I filed someone else's taxes under my account and now I'm ready to file my own, but it keeps taking me to the other person's summary. What do I need to do?"

Hi. TurboTax online only supports one Federal return per account. If you create another return in the same account you will loose all data from the original return. For this reason, you need to create a new account. Follow this link to start with a new account for the new return:

https://www.turbotax.com/lp/ty16/ppc/temp_1.htm?znTL=w2az&znTR=fdf&znC3=social-carousel&cid=ppc_yh_b...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

Hi. TurboTax online only supports one Federal return per account. If you create another return in the same account you will loose all data from the original return. For this reason, you need to create a new account. Follow this link to start with a new account for the new return:

https://www.turbotax.com/lp/ty16/ppc/temp_1.htm?znTL=w2az&znTR=fdf&znC3=social-carousel&cid=ppc_yh_b...

View solution in original post

Highlighted

You need to create a separate count for each return you prepare on TurboTax online.

v
Privacy Settings