mandm1227

If I file a 1040A tax return , married filing joint with standard deduction using TurboTax Free edition, will I get free e-file for Fed and State(Ky)???

DanielV01

It depends.  That type of return usually will qualify to file using TurboTax Absolute Zero, where your Federal and State returns are filed for free.  This FAQ reviews all of the online products:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300068

As you go through the return, if you enter information that requires a document or programming not supported by Absolute Zero, you will receive a notification.  You can opt to upgrade to the necessary TurboTax product to complete your return, and pay the filing fees with that service at the end of the preparation, or you can decide to stop entering your information.  You will never be charged for any service unless you authorize the payment for the service.

DanielV01