Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I don't know all were I worked at how do I figure that out

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

We would have no way to know this.  Did you get W-2's?  Were you self-employed?  Check your social media to see if you updated it with each new job?  You can go to the IRS Get My Transcript site to request a copy of your transcripts to see if there is a record of any of your W-2's yet, but it is not necessarily accurate or complete at this point.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Going forward---if you work as an independent contractor and get paid in cash or by some other means and do not receive tax documents then you need to keep very accurate records for yourself and write it all down somewhere so that you know where you worked and how much you earned.  If you work as a W-2 employee and have multiple jobs, then it would be a good idea for you to keep written records for yourself of those employers and their contact information so that at tax time you can make sure that you get all of your W-2's.   

You can get a wage and income transcript from the IRS---but it might not be up to date yet for 2023.  And it will not show any state tax information ---which you need if you are in a state with an income tax.  

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

You can get a work history from Social Security----but that is not likely up to date yet.

WORK HISTORY  https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-7050.pdf

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies