turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I don't have a US based credit card, and I didn't earn a refund, how can I pay for TurboTax?

I've lived abroad for more than a decade and all my income is foreign. I don't have a US-based bank account or savings.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If I don't have a US based credit card, and I didn't earn a refund, how can I pay for TurboTax?

Is there anywhere in your locality where you can purchase one of those prepaid debit cards?  Look for one based in the U.S. that you could use to pay for using TurboTax.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/payments/help/what-forms-of-payment-does-turbotax-online-accept/00...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Carl
Level 15

You can go to the U.S. Embassy of whatever country you're in. All Embassies have a U.S. banking facility in them where you can purchase a prepaid VISA card in U.S. funds for whatever amount is needed. If a satellite office is closer for you, some will have a banking facility in them. But you may want to call first to confirm, before making the trip.

After you obtain the card, read the instructions that come with it. You'll need to go online and "register" the card with a valid U.S. mailing address, and a valid U.S. phone number. What address/number you use really doesn't matter, so long as it's valid.

After registering the card on line, it can take a few hours for that registration to propagate to where ever it needs to, before it will actually work for an online payment.  So patience may be called for here.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies