Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I buy turbo tax deluxe plus state from a store, can I add a second state. and if so, how much will it cost?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If I buy turbo tax deluxe plus state from a store, can I add a second state. and if so, how much will it cost?

Yes, you can buy additional states from within the program, as long as you have a US credit or debit card with a US billing address.

You have to start a 2017 tax file before you buy any state

Start your Federal entries first.  then work on your Free state and select it as your free one when you start it.

.....then, after that, when you start on the second state, you will be asked to pay $40 (ok..39.99 for the nit-pickers).

(Maine isn't available yet)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

The price for the second state normally increases around mid-March to 44.99, but exactly when is unpredictable.  TurboTax reserves the right to raise prices at any time.  But if you buy the second state in the next few weeks, it should be at the discounted price of 39.99.

When you buy your Deluxe in a store, read the box carefully, since Deluxe comes in 2 versions--one that is Federal-only, and one that is combo Federal and State.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies