Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Identity theft

I know this is frustrating many people, my return says accepted on the TurboTax account, that was almost 7 weeks ago. The IRS account had said my return was being reviewed for identity theft, I have not received any IRS letters, I called the IRS customer service, it is very difficult to get a real person to talk to, I was told if you don't get a letter it's going to take around 6 weeks+ to get a refund if your due a refund and there are no other problems with the return in between that time. Still Iv seen almost no chance, accept now there's a refund processing delay message on the IRS2GO App. Hopefully this will be resolved soon for many of us, some answers to why it's taking so long would be nice, as my tax return is a simple return it should have been processed really quickly, I file early almost every year and have never had this problem till this year.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

Identity theft

The IRS seems to be putting this new step into the process for many people to help cut down on Tax refund fraud.  Several states have also implemented new ID verification protocols for people to get their refunds as well.  This is not a TurboTax thing, it is happening with all providers due to the amount of ID theft that has been occurring over the past several years.  Once a person has verified, they are getting a message saying it will take up to 9 more weeks for their refund to be processed. The selection of who has to be verified seems to be random. 

Identity and Tax Return Verification

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies