Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I would like to change my 1040A to 1040 EZ so I can e-file now. Is that possible? Or will I be able to e-file my 1040A on 1-18 when the form is available?

Can I efile my 1040A on 1-18 when the form is available?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
TomK
Expert Alumni

I would like to change my 1040A to 1040 EZ so I can e-file now. Is that possible? Or will I be able to e-file my 1040A on 1-18 when the form is available?

Yes, you can file, but the IRS will not begin accepting tax returns until 1/29/18.  You can still prepare your return in TurboTax now, but you will not be able to file it until the IRS begins accepting them (it will remain securely on our server until then).

The IRS also does not have all of the forms finalized and ready for filing yet.  Please read the TurboTax FAQ below for IRS Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Individual (Personal) Tax Products.

Similarly, you may have state forms that have not been finalized.  Please see the TurboTax FAQ for state form availability table.

You can't change to the EZ form if you have a situation that requires the 1040 or 1040A.  Turbotax is required to prepare an accurate return based on your information.

Plus as mentioned, anything you file between now and 1/28 will just be held until 1/29 (except for a few random early returns taken by the IRS for testing, which Turbotax has no control over.)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies