turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Just filed. I've always got my PA state taxes back in full, but this year turbo tax says I'm getting zero back. Only made 11,000 all year. Why is this? Are they wrong?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Just filed. I've always got my PA state taxes back in full, but this year turbo tax says I'm getting zero back. Only made 11,000 all year. Why is this? Are they wrong?

Review your answers regarding the PA "special credit" :  PA Tax Forgiveness Credit, Schedule SP  In the past, you may have been eligilble for this credit.  You may have  had other, nontaxable income that made you ineligible this years.

See:  http://www.revenue.pa.gov/FormsandPublications/FormsforIndividuals/PIT/Documents/rev-631.pdf

for more detail.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Review your answers regarding the PA "special credit" :  PA Tax Forgiveness Credit, Schedule SP  In the past, you may have been eligilble for this credit.  You may have  had other, nontaxable income that made you ineligible this years.

See:  http://www.revenue.pa.gov/FormsandPublications/FormsforIndividuals/PIT/Documents/rev-631.pdf

for more detail.

Thanks. I was able to find a chart describing what percentage of state tax is refunded based on how much I made. Because I'm single and made over $11,000, I'm not eligible for any PA tax forgiveness. In the past I made less, as I only work part time, therefore I was eligible for more.
LeeM

I would first print your 2016 and 2017 state returns and compare them line by line. This will help you determine what has changed, if there are any discrepancies/items you missed or if you need to change any of the information you entered into TurboTax.

There are several factors that go in to determining the taxes you owe.

If your income decreased, that sometimes can reduce your refund due to you not having enough earned income or withholdings to receive the deductions or credits you did before. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies