Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rafaga85

I worked for Postmate's food delivery service and I guess I would be classified as a independent contractor right? Also it's asking for business information like who is the business owned by, Business name, what would I put in these areas? I am not the or

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

I worked for Postmate's food delivery service and I guess I would be classified as a independent contractor right? Also it's asking for business information like who is the business owned by, Business name, what would I put in these areas? I am not the or

I don't know how Postmate operates. If they give you a W-2, you are an employee, not an independent contractor. If they give you a 1099-MISC they are treating you as an independent contractor.

If you are an independent contractor, you are the business. TurboTax is asking for information about you and your individual operation. It's not asking about Postmate. You own your own business. It gives you the option to use your own name as the business name, which is what you should do. Your business address is the same as your home address.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

I don't know how Postmate operates. If they give you a W-2, you are an employee, not an independent contractor. If they give you a 1099-MISC they are treating you as an independent contractor.

If you are an independent contractor, you are the business. TurboTax is asking for information about you and your individual operation. It's not asking about Postmate. You own your own business. It gives you the option to use your own name as the business name, which is what you should do. Your business address is the same as your home address.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies