turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When filing my Arizona return, my Federal schedule A is not included when it shows the filing copy. I'm only itemizing on state, how do I get it to attach to e-file copy?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChelseaS

When filing my Arizona return, my Federal schedule A is not included when it shows the filing copy. I'm only itemizing on state, how do I get it to attach to e-file copy?

If you do not take the Itemized Deduction the Schedule A will not print out with your return for mailing. However, if you entered in any itemized deductions one will be created for informational purposes only.

• Open your return in TurboTax.
  • Go to Forms Mode
  • In the search box type in Sch A and double click to open the form. (screenshot attached)
  • Once your Sch A is open click on the Print button toward to bottom of the screen. (screenshot attached)

View solution in original post

24 Replies
    ChelseaS

If you do not take the Itemized Deduction the Schedule A will not print out with your return for mailing. However, if you entered in any itemized deductions one will be created for informational purposes only.

• Open your return in TurboTax.
    • Go to Forms Mode
    • In the search box type in Sch A and double click to open the form. (screenshot attached)
    • Once your Sch A is open click on the Print button toward to bottom of the screen. (screenshot attached)

But Arizona requires a Federal Schedule A if you itemize on the state return, even if you don't itemize on your Federal return. I entered my itemized deductions into TurboTax, which are higher than the standard deduction on the state return only. I cannot imagine I'm the only Arizona resident in this position. This seems like a glitch in TurboTax. The Schedule A is REQUIRED by AZ in this case. Now I have to mail my return??
      ChelseaS

@shoplady33 Since Arizona requires the Federal Schedule A, it will be included in the Arizona E-file. However, it does not print with the return. You should print a copy for your records in case the state does ever ask for a copy. You will also need to print it if you are mailing in your return.
      dvisco1

I have similar problem, the Arizona print copy has the Federal Schedule A. But the Arizona E-File does not. This must be a glitch in Turbo Tax

Same problem here.  It worked ok last year but this year AZ rejected my return due to lack of attached sch A.  There should be a way to at least insert the federal sch A work sheets into the state return.  Maybe that would please the state.  I really don't want to have to mail it in.  That kind of defeats some of the convenience of Turbo Tax.
      mmdufus

Yes, mine was rejected for not having the Schedule A attached. So now I have to mail it and I assume that I am out my $39.99 efile fee.

I am having the same problem, paid to e-file and when viewing the print preview the Federal Schedule A shows attached but it is not transmitting and has been rejected.
      Michael14

I am having the same problem.  I itemized for Arizona and took the standard deduction for Federal.  I haven't had this problem before and I have always e-filed since the option became available.

I was just on the phone with turbo tax for an HOUR AND 45 MINUTES. They are just as confused as us. It is definitely a glitch- if you don’t itemize your federal, it won’t populate a schedule a for the state of Arizona. My  suggestion would be to click on the fix it now box, go through the process of reviewing everything, and then go to the print center, and view your return as a pdf. Hopefully, the schedule a will be there. They couldn’t do anything to help me, it just did it on its own as I reviewed my return. If you do the fix it option, and it still doesn’t populate, you will have to call them. Just make sure you’ve got an extra two hours!
      chap1

I have the same problem with AZ. I don't understand lewistax19. If you call them, did you eventually get to e-file?
      mike-hess

Having the exact same problem. Does anyone know how to view what Turbotax is e-filing?  Is it only the federal schedule A that Arizona needs? My warning says it needs the Federal schedule A, or AZ schedule A. Just wondering if it needs both.

I called them- but they couldn’t offer any solutions. I just went through the review process, viewed my returns as a pdf to make sure the schedule a was there, and filed again. Hopefully it’s accepted this time. And mike.hess- mine needed both.
      Michael14

I did the same thing lewistax19.  I looked in forms view and the form is there.  Mine was rejected again.  I will wait for a fix I guess.

When are you going to answer this problem?
      message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
      Manage cookies