I was just charged $100 for something from TurboTax. I would like to know how and why?

Did you choose the option to pay your TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund (the refund processing service?)  

If the IRS is holding your refund, or they reduced or offset your refund to the point where it’s not enough to cover your TurboTax fees, you'll receive a Request for Payment email, which includes instructions on how you can pay your TurboTax fees (minus the Refund Processing fee).

If you do not pay your fees within the time frame specified in the email, you’ll receive 2 additional Account Debit Pending reminder emails.

Finally, if your fees are still unpaid 45 days after your original estimated refund date, we’ll debit your bank account for your TurboTax fees and you’ll receive a Debit to your bank account has been initiated notification email.

Note: If the IRS releases your refund after you've paid your TurboTax fees, we won't deduct your TurboTax fees twice. However, we still deduct the Refund Processing fee.

How do you justify debiting my account for the TurboTax and/or Refund Processing fees?

This provision is spelled out in the Refund Processing Agreement:

In addition, by clicking the "I Agree" button below, you electronically sign and authorize Intuit (through its third party processor) to debit the TurboTax Fees, Additional Products and Services Purchased and any applicable sales tax from your bank account number identified in the Agreement below, in the event that you do not receive a tax refund that is sufficient to pay for them.