dbsjr62

I was hearing that the IRS will not process ANY tax returns until after February 25th, 2017. Is this true? I was thinking I would have mine in the 3 weeks as promised.

Bsch4477

Only returns with refundable credits will be held up for refunds.

Bsch4477

Carl

Actually, "delayed" is the more correct term instead of held up. Those returns will be scrutinized more closely before any refund due is actually released by the IRS.
dbsjr62

For give me, just so I understand when you mean credits is it the same as getting a refund from both federal and state? I have a refund coming back to me for to much taxes with held.
macuser_22

Beginning in 2017, if you claim the EITC or ACTC on your tax return, the IRS must hold your refund until Feb. 15. This new law requires the IRS to hold the entire refund

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing">https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing</a>