Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was asked if the work I do for my business is the same as what I used to do for a former employer. I cannot find the question any more. Where can I find it?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieCo

I was asked if the work I do for my business is the same as what I used to do for a former employer. I cannot find the question any more. Where can I find it?

Go back into the entry section for your business (if Schedule C business, search for Schedule C and select the Jump To link displayed).  Select the business to edit.  You should be brought to a screen listing the business information that you can select to edit (general info, income, expenses, etc) for that business.  Scroll down to Qualified Business Income and select Details.  See the sample screenshot attached.  You should be brought to the screen(s) where you select if all the business was done in the United States and then continue to the screen for if the work done was work for a former employer. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JulieCo

Go back into the entry section for your business (if Schedule C business, search for Schedule C and select the Jump To link displayed).  Select the business to edit.  You should be brought to a screen listing the business information that you can select to edit (general info, income, expenses, etc) for that business.  Scroll down to Qualified Business Income and select Details.  See the sample screenshot attached.  You should be brought to the screen(s) where you select if all the business was done in the United States and then continue to the screen for if the work done was work for a former employer. 

Thank you!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies