Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

danek42

My transactions with Betterment is not importing into TurboTax. I dont use multi-key authentication and my password is correct. Is something wrong with the connection?

I've checked my password, I signed up for multi-key authentication and tried it. When that failed, I removed it so I am back to normal but nothing is working. Would appreciate any help so I dont have to manually enter all of the transactions.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
adam3

My transactions with Betterment is not importing into TurboTax. I dont use multi-key authentication and my password is correct. Is something wrong with the connection?

I was able to fix this issue by logging into Betterment and going to Settings > Security and creating an "app password" for TurboTax.  I was able to provide my username and the app password in place of my password in TurboTax and it then worked.

It seems to be a known issue among TurboTax customers, but the issue isn't acknowledged by TurboTax staff. I haven't seen any sort of response from Intuit on this.

Here is a thread with a bunch of responses: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3651286

I don't know if there is anything you can do. Intuit needs to act on this problem.

tlextrait

You have to go into your Betterment settings, then Security, and create an app password
amw5414

Very helpful. Worked for me too! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies