turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I want to pay the Turbo Tax fee with my debit card to avoid the "Pay with federal refund" fee. How do I do that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
NoahL

I want to pay the Turbo Tax fee with my debit card to avoid the "Pay with federal refund" fee. How do I do that?

Many are not aware that if you choose to have your payment taken out of your refund, then a refund processing fee of $34.99 will be charged by the bank that handles the transaction. There is a way to avoid the fee if you wish to do so. You would need to change your payment option to Pay With Card.

*If you wish to change your option, the following instructions will help you do so:

• Click on the File tab at the end and then click on Start (or Revisit) next to Step 1.
  • You should see View Payment Options at the bottom. Click on this
  • Here you'll be able to click Pay by Card and avoid the extra fee
*Also, depending on which software was selected, there is an additional fee to prepare your state return along with your federal.
rbodman44
Returning Member

Can I pay turbo tax with y debt card ?

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

We accept credit, debit, and pre-paid cards with a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover logo. Like many other U.S. online merchants, we can only process cards with a U.S. billing address.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies