mrcobb87

I want to file my state instead of mailing. I hit the print option because I thought I should just mail it because it wasn't letting me complete a section. How can I reverse it and go back and efile?

mesquitebean

Here's how to open your return back up to finish the state return and efile it.   This assumes you didn't actually mail the state return.

NOTE:  Do not make any changes in the Federal return since it has already been filed.

• Log in and at the Tax Home go to the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents."  Click on that line or the word SHOW to expand that section.
  • Choose 2018.
  • Choose "Add a state."  (you're not really adding one; that's just to get the return to open up.)
  • Once the return is open, you can go to the State Taxes tab to complete the state return. 
  • Carefully review it before filing since some of the forms may have updated.  Continue in that section until it says "Done with State" (or similar words.)
  • Also step through the REVIEW tab to run the error check and be sure all is in order.
  • Then go to the FILE section to select a filing method, and choose to file only the State return.
  • If efiling, make sure you go all the way to the end and click on "Transmit My Returns Now."

mesquitebean

Have you already efiled the Federal return, and if so, has it been accepted?
mrcobb87

Yes and yes
mesquitebean

• Choose 2018.