turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Anyone get this status message from their NY return this year or get it last year and recall what happened? "we received...may require..longer then fed..

My state is Stu being reviewed

Anyone get this status message from their NY return this year or get it last year and recall what happened? "we received...may require..longer then fed..

@bkhomie1227 your federal was just deposited to your bank? Did you have a ddd prior to that ? What was the message that you had last?
wmjazzy

Yes it was deposited I had a date for 02/22/18 and it came late that night. It gave me the message on the 18th

Yes my federal came on the 22 as said. But state still saying under review. As of today.

I've had the message for 3 weeks..I got federal a week after I filed.
bjuaire02

My bf an I filed February 3rd. Still no federal. A week ago our state changed to the “under further review” message. 4 days ago his went back to processing but mine is still under further review. This is BS. I’m from VT and have never had this hard of a time with my taxes.

any new updates people? Im still getting the further review message today!!!
taxmonst

Yes I still have being processed changed from further review last week back to being processed. Never had it take so long before

I’ve had this message for a month as of today. I received my federal on 1/30. I reviewed my previous New York refund DD dates and the latest one was 3/1. Every year i had the further review message since 2014.
dbennet7

Filed 1/19/2018, NYS accepted on 1/23/2018, still waiting for refund.  I have had this message for 4+ weeks now.  We received your return and it may require further review. This may result in your New York State return taking longer to process than your federal return. No further information is available at this time.  Apparently NYS needs my $700 more than I do.  We honestly should receive interest on our money when they hold it up this long for "further review".  I have a feeling my file is sitting on someone's desk and no one is doing anything with it.
reidkyle1

Mine also says  MAY need further review for over a month called NY state Friday and was told they have no other info. I have no clue what to do at this point

I got my federal three days ago I filed on 1/29 and I still haven't gotten my state still says needs further review this is crazy
damonb88

My return has also said it may need further review. I filed my taxes 1/27 and received my federal 2/17, but i still havent gotten my state and it has said the same thing since i filed.
tania575

My messages was saying the same thing it may take longer then the federal and that message was up for almost 3 weeks and now it changed back to the regular 'Refund Status
We have received your return and it is being processed. No further information is available at this time." which I think its a good sign from having that same message for almost 3 weeks. Good luck everyone, it also sucks that this money we are all waiting for is our HARD EARNED money.. You call the 800 # below enter your SS # and they will automatically tell you if you have an offset and if you do they will keep all of your federal money. I fell back on my student loans and I usually fix that before I file and I didn't so the federal stood with everything $5,571 :(

The info below can come in handy for those that have a deposit pending and have not received it.

For Individual & Business Debtors
If you are looking for resources for individuals or businesses owing delinquent debts to the U.S. government, click the button below to find out more.
Find out more
Have Questions about an Offset?
Toll Free: 800-304-3107
Hearing impaired customers may use the Federal Relay Service by dialing 800-877-8339 to reach a Communications Assistant (CA) who will dial the toll free number.

What Is the Treasury Offset Program?
The Treasury Offset Program is a centralized offset program, administered by the Bureau of the Fiscal Service's Debt Management Services (DMS), to collect delinquent debts owed to federal agencies and states (including past-due child support), in accordance with 26 U.S.C. § 6402(d) (collection of debts owed to federal agencies), 31 U.S.C. § 3720A (reduction of tax refund by amount of the debts), and other applicable laws.
jazzman31

Filed 1/29, received Fed 2/14, yet been on this "Further Review" b.s. message from NY State since 2/5. Enough already!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies