Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I used the self employed version last year, but this year I am not self employed and I cant find how to do the cheaper version. Im stuck on self employed. :(

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MariaC

I used the self employed version last year, but this year I am not self employed and I cant find how to do the cheaper version. Im stuck on self employed. :(

To downgrade, you will have to clear and start over:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4248526

Once you've cleared your return you should be brought back to the original screen that says, "Hi, ______! This is what we got you last year, lets start your 2016 return!"

Under this section is a hyperlink that says, "see other products". You'll want to choose this. If you start for free, and have information pulled in from last year, you'll be upgraded to our PLUS Benefits program. You can avoid this by letting it run its course and clicking continue once everything is in. After you click continue you'll want to select that you do not want to include this and you'd like to Start For Free.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MariaC

To downgrade, you will have to clear and start over:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4248526

Once you've cleared your return you should be brought back to the original screen that says, "Hi, ______! This is what we got you last year, lets start your 2016 return!"

Under this section is a hyperlink that says, "see other products". You'll want to choose this. If you start for free, and have information pulled in from last year, you'll be upgraded to our PLUS Benefits program. You can avoid this by letting it run its course and clicking continue once everything is in. After you click continue you'll want to select that you do not want to include this and you'd like to Start For Free.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies