Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jmcawthon

I used take "a picture of your form" to enter data for all forms. But after I finished federal and state, after final review, turboTax wants me to re-enter the data.Why?

TurboTax scanned my forms and was able to extract the necessary data. Everything looked good. But then after I finished both my returns, and TurboTax completed the final review, it's asking me to check 12 forms and re-enter almost all of the data and answer all the questions about the form. The data that was previously scanned and submitted has disappeared except for a few minor entries. This is my first year using the online version of TurboTax. I've used the PC version for 20 years and never had any problems like this!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I used take "a picture of your form" to enter data for all forms. But after I finished federal and state, after final review, turboTax wants me to re-enter the data.Why?

You cannot just snap photos of every kind of tax document.    You can snap a photo of a W-2 in the mobile app.  Some documents can be imported from the banks or financial institutions that issue them.  And some simply have to be keyed in by hand.  You do not say what documents you entered---provide some details.   It sounds like you unrealistically thought you could take photos of everything.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
jmcawthon

Thanks for your prompt reply! I'm not using the mobile app. I'm using the browser version on my iPad in safari. The forms that I took a picture of and uploaded were 1099R and 1099INT. As I mentioned before, the photo files were successfully uploaded and  scanned into TurboTax. The information was all correct on the screen. I tapped on continue at the bottom and answered numerous questions about each form. Then I moved on to the next form after completion. But after I completed my federal and state returns, TurboTax asked to review all of my data and subsequently told me there were 12 form problems that needed review. I clicked on each one and basically almost all of the information for each form that I had successfully entered, using the procedure above, had disappeared. So I'm basically having to do my taxes twice, which never happened to me in previous 20 years using the PC version of TurboTax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies