Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I understand that form 8915-F (for 2021) will be available around March 17th, 2022. Will TurboTax automatically calculate F from -E (2020)?

I entered (downloaded) my 1099-R from Vanguard last year (for my 2020 taxes).  That 1099-R had both COVID-19 disaster related distribution and some non COVID-19 distribution.  So when the 8915-F form is integrated into TurboTax in mid-March 2022, will I need to re-download the original 2020 1099-R (I hope not) or will TurboTax be able to complete 8915-F based on last year's 8915-E (which was based on my original 1099-R)?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieS
Expert Alumni

I understand that form 8915-F (for 2021) will be available around March 17th, 2022. Will TurboTax automatically calculate F from -E (2020)?

No, you won't need to enter the 2020 Form 1099-R. 

Once it is available, you will start in the section for 1099-R. Answer the first question No. The questions you need will come up right after that. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

No, you won't need to enter the 2020 Form 1099-R. 

Once it is available, you will start in the section for 1099-R. Answer the first question No. The questions you need will come up right after that. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

March 19th and I'm still getting an error in Turbo Tax telling tme to come back to this for qualified disaster distributions and repayments (8915-E, COVID Distribution).  I have been trying since the initial deadline published (I think it was Feb 24). 

I'm not sure if Turbo tax released this or if I'm just experiencing an issue.  Can you help?

Try again on 24-March and if the form 8915-F (F means 2021 taxes, E was for 2020 taxes; disregard error message that refers to the E revision of this form) is not yet integrated into Turbotax, then try on the 31st of March.  I have read that the form will be ready in Turbotax on the 24th and I have also read that it will be ready on the 31st so we are all waiting with you.  danH

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies