tscurry62

I tried to submit my return but it stated You cannot e-file this tax return because the Intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open for the season yet. We accept 2019 Georgia Personal tax returns star

Anonymous
Not applicable

federal won't start processing until 1/27 so filing before then will do no good. you won't get an acceptance notice until it hits the IRS servers. submitting federal now, the return will sit on TT's servers.   if the state forms are not final and/or it has not yet opened for e-filing, then you'll have to wait.  you can check the state's website to see when it will open.   

oldskkolgurl

You can e-file your federal return and wait to file your Georgia return when the forms are available. In the Turbo Tax software select file by mail instead of e-file. This action will allow you to select file your state later or I don't want to file now. Upon doing this you can continue with filing your federal return. Hope this helps! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

The IRS did not begin accepting tax returns until January 27, 2020. See this information regarding  When the IRS began accepting returns.