Yes, if you haven't accidentally e-filed your return then please try the following steps to open your return back up:
- In TurboTax Online, sign into your account.
- Select Tax Home in the left menu.
- Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.
- Select 2019, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this just gets you into the right area).
- Select Federal on the left and continue working on your return
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I accidentally filled my taxes how can I undo it I thought I was updating my information?
Once a tax return has been e-filed it cannot be canceled, retrieved or changed.
If you have e-filed your tax return and need to change the information on the tax return then you will need to wait for the tax return to either be accepted or rejected by the IRS.
If the tax return is rejected then you can make your changes and re-file the tax return.
If the tax return is accepted then you will have to amend the tax return to make your changes. An amended tax, Form 1040X, return can only be printed, signed, dated and mailed by you to the IRS, it cannot be e-filed. The IRS will take up to 4 months to process the amended tax return. Wait until you have received the tax refund or the taxes owed have been paid and processed by the IRS before amending the tax return.