I think turbotax omitted 1099-R data from my 2021 state return

I received a 1099-R for IRA withdrawals. I'd had both federal and state taxes withheld, but...I was just (belatedly) reviewing my 2021 returns and it doesn't seem like the state tax that was withheld was carried over onto my state tax return.

If you entered it on the 1099-R screen then it should have carried automatically ... review the entry screen and the state return carefully.

If you post which state and  if you used the online or downloaded program then maybe a more detailed answer can be given.

And in the future ... do NOT file anything before you review it completly so you don't need to amend anything later. 

Thanks for the response. Having been a taxpayer since 1979 and a turbotax user for about 15 years, I'm aware of the need to review the returns before filing; thanks.

I don't recall whether I entered the info manually or importedit; the form was a 1099-R provided by Vanguard. I was concerned that I might have just imported the content and that turbotax popped info into the wrong box. I accept that I may have transcribed the data manually and introduced a mistake.

I've filed amended returns.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing