I should been offered the IRS free file program by...

kkart123

I should been offered the IRS free file program by turbotax. I met the requirements. Why did you bill and do make this a selection?

BillM223

If you meet the qualifications, you may be able to use the IRS Freefile as delivered by TurboTax, a free filing service provided by TurboTax in partnership with the IRS.

Please see this TurboTax webpage which explains the difference between the IRS program and the TurboTax Free Edition product.

If you think you qualify for the IRS Freefile program (see the links), start with this link - this is a separate link from the TurboTax Free edition.

fanfare

@kkart123 

Don't pay.

visit the IRS at https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

to find truly free filing. Note that some include free state as well.

If you choose TurboTax, you must create a new account.

If you sign in with your existing account, you'll be back in the same place you're trying to escape.