turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vrogala

I selected to have "direct debit" to pay my taxes but they still have not done it. How can I pay my taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I selected to have "direct debit" to pay my taxes but they still have not done it. How can I pay my taxes?

If you set up the direct debit when you filed & your return was accepted then your payment information went through.  

To verify the date that Federal funds will be withdrawn from your account, confirm that funds have been transferred, or cancel the transaction up to 48 hours before the date you designated the funds to be debited, call the IRS at 1 (888) 353-4537. 

When will my tax payment go through?
-------------------------
If there is no information about your payment, you can pay Federal taxes owed on the IRS website.
---------------------------
If you owe state taxes, you can go to your states website to make a payment online

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you set up the direct debit when you filed & your return was accepted then your payment information went through.  

To verify the date that Federal funds will be withdrawn from your account, confirm that funds have been transferred, or cancel the transaction up to 48 hours before the date you designated the funds to be debited, call the IRS at 1 (888) 353-4537. 

When will my tax payment go through?
-------------------------
If there is no information about your payment, you can pay Federal taxes owed on the IRS website.
---------------------------
If you owe state taxes, you can go to your states website to make a payment online
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies