I selected "no thanks" for Audit Defense but when ...

oompanancy

I selected "no thanks" for Audit Defense but when I move to next steps to file it is asking me which way to pay. How do I not be forced to pay for this?

Maybe it is for something else.  Are you using the Desktop program or the online version?  Which version?  Unless you are in the Free Edition there is a fee for federal and a separate fee for state.

For Online, 

How to see your fees

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online/0...

For help with fees

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/what-can-i-do-to-reduce-my-fees/00/26051

oompanancy

Using Desktop Premier. I backspaced and hit "no thanks" to the Audit Defense but it does not seem to be capturing. When I move forward to the next steps it shows that I requested to purchase this for $45. I do not want it and cannot undo it. Tried closing out and reopening but still the same outcome.

Oh I bet I know what's going on.  Are you in California?  You selected to have the $20 state efile fee deducted from your refund.  There is a Extra $40 Refund Processing Service charge (45 in California) .

In California Desktop program to remove Audit Defense and Premium Services you have to change to pay the 20 state efile fee by credit card and not by having it deducted from your federal refund.  Or print and mail state for free.  Go back through the File tab again and change to pay with a credit card.  Then if Audit Defense is still there you can remove it.

Go back through the File tab and watch out for this screen

RTF Desktop.jpg