turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jeff22

Program imports the wrong data no idea where it gets the data from but not from the .tax file I have. Not sure how to force the program to work like it use to work.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Program imports the wrong data no idea where it gets the data from but not from the .tax file I have. Not sure how to force the program to work like it use to work.

3 Replies
Carl
Level 15

I see you're using the online version of Self-Employed. Are you importing from your .tax2015 file that is in your online account from when you did your taxes last year? Or are you importing from a .tax2015 file that is physically on your computer hard drive?
If importing from the online copy, you may be starting your 2016 return in the wrong account, as you can have up to 5 accounts per e-mail address. So if you started the 2015 return last year and abandoned it for whatever reason, then created a new account to start the 2015 return anew, you may be starting your 2016 return from the account you abandoned last year.
Use the tool at <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/">https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/</a> to see if you have other accounts.
jeff22

I checked that I downloaded the 2015 file that is in that account and the information is in the file in that account online.  But when I do the taxes for 2016 it does not have any of the history that is in the file in that account, such as the list of properties owned depeciation, the last year sch C none of it gets transfered

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies