krisherrera777

I see uber has a "Sales Tax" line, and lyft only has the "Lyft commissions" Does that mean lyft isn't taxing the rides? or are taxes included in lyft commissions?

I see Uber breaks down deductions.  Booking fees, split fare fees, sales tax.  Lyft only has the "lyft commissions"  Are fees and taxes included in these lyft commissions?  

CarolC

The figure on the Lyft form reflects the total amount your customers paid, including the Lyft commission.  All additional fees are included in this commission.  Generally, you can deduct these fees from your income as a business expense.  You will need to complete Schedule C, Profit or Loss From Business with your tax return.

Please see these TurboTax articles How to Use Your Uber 1099s: Taxes for Uber Drivers and How to Use Your Lyft 1099: Tax Help for Lyft Drivers for more information.