Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I reinstalled TurboTax Deluxe 2019, and my original activation code shows all available activations for that code have been used. Error code: 603. What should I do?

I bought TurboTax Deluxe 2019 and used it for my tax return of 2019. Now I want to amend my return for 2019. So I reinstalled the TurboTax Deluxe 2019 software and tried to activate it with my original activation code. However, it shows "All available activations for that code have been used. Error code: 603". I believe I was the one who used the activation. But does that mean that I can never uninstall the TurboTax software? Because if you reinstall it anytime later, your activation code will be invalid anymore and you need to buy a new one. Is this the case?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I reinstalled TurboTax Deluxe 2019, and my original activation code shows all available activations for that code have been used. Error code: 603. What should I do?

Sorry you will never be able to activate the 2019 program with the License Code.   The License Code started in 2019.  So 2019 needs to connect to Turbo Tax to verify the License Code.  But they have stopped supporting 2019.  They only support and update the last 3 years and put 2022 in the last years product pages and took off 2019. 

Even if you install 2019 or prior you won't be able to update or download any state program you will need.  Some users may have found a workaround.  For Installing 2019 and error 630 see this discussion....

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/there-was-an-error-with-validating-your-license-c...

You can print out your return and use it to fill out the amended return by hand.  Or find a local tax place.  Why do you need to amend it?  It is too late to get any refunds for 2019.  

Form 1040X Amended return

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040x.pdf

1040X Instructions

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-prior/i1040x--2024.pdf

Thank you for your reply! So probably I am not able to amend my tax return with TurboTax Deluxe 2019 anymore, right? The reason why I want to amend it is because I made some mistakes on the IRA contribution amount that year and I just noticed recently. Actually, I owe money to the IRS. I asked a local tax place but they want to charge me over $1,700 to amend it. So should I find another one like H&R Block?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies