Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jayslane

I recieved a subpoena from Rita for 2015 taxes I filed through turbo tax yet I cant import them. Can I refile on Ritas efile?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
Hal_Al
Level 15

I recieved a subpoena from Rita for 2015 taxes I filed through turbo tax yet I cant import them. Can I refile on Ritas efile?

You did not efile a RITA return  through TurboTax (TT). That can't be done. A RITA return, prepared in TT, must be printed and mailed to be filed. 
So, no, you cannot re-efile. Print a copy of the RITA form, from the PDF and mail it to RITA, with a copy of the RITA notice.
jayslane

I've already e-filed with Turbo Tax can I e-file with RITA? Would it be considered fraud if I e-file with RITA even though I already filed with Turbo Tax? I have a court date this Monday. From my understanding if I send in my W-2's and Federal Tax Return before hand I don't have to show up.

That question should be asked to RITA.  Nobody here can give you legal advice.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
jayslane

Ok thank you.
jayslane

RITA isn't open on the weekends hence the urgency of this inquiry. Make sense?
Hal_Al
Level 15

Do what they instructed you to do:  "send in your W-2's and Federal Tax Return before hand". It sounds like RITA plans to calculate your tax based on that and then send you a bill.  If box 19 of your W-2 shows withhoding, you may owe nothing.

But yes, you can usually file at the RITA web site (not exactly an efile).  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.ritaohio.com/">http://www.ritaohio.com/</a>

You need to get it out of your mind that "I've already e-filed with Turbo Tax". You did NOT. That's simply not possible.
jayslane

So how did I get a tax return?
Hal_Al
Level 15

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies