Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bobo51695

I recently today chatted with your live service about stimulus payments and according to them nothing will be deposited past January 15th for people who account information was giving wrong for the st

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

I recently today chatted with your live service about stimulus payments and according to them nothing will be deposited past January 15th for people who account information was giving wrong for the st

Please follow these steps to update your information in the portal:

• Go here and sign in with the username and password you used to file your 2019 tax return
  • Validate your identity
  • Enter your updated bank account information

Note: You have to update your information by 1/15/2021.

For additional information, see Update your stimulus payment direct deposit information.

bobo51695

I have not yet received any form of my second stimulus and it had exceeded 5 business days I would like to know if there is any update on this since I updated my direct deposit information before January 15th 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@bobo51695  You can check the status of your stimulus check on the IRS Get My Payment website. The site does update daily. If you do not receive your stimulus payment you may be able to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 tax return. Please see the article What is a Recovery Rebate Tax Credit? for more information. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bobo51695

I have tried to sign in but for some reason it does not recognize my information. I have more than enough qualifications for this and I don’t understand why there isn’t more answer to the issue that was due to mid communication between your establishment and the irs. Every time I try to sign in it says my information is not recognized 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS determines eligibility for stimulus payments. If you didn't receive your stimulus payment and believe you are eligible, the next best thing to do is to claim a Recovery Rebate Credit on your tax return.

For more stimulus information, including eligibility, payment timing, and distribution details, please visit IRS.gov for the most up to date information: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-on-their-way-visit-irsgov-instead-of-calling

bobo51695

This is ridiculous that I made under the amount required to get the second stimulus and because of your company and irs miscommunication I have to suffer. I am very displeased with your company and want to understand where the Mia communication is coming from Considering I updated my account direct deposit information with your company to send to the irs before January 15th. This is very disappointing and I would like an answer now 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Updating your stimulus direct deposit information via our portal only applied to customers who received an email from TurboTax with the subject: “CRITICAL STIMULUS UPDATE: Update Your Stimulus Payment Direct Deposit Information”  Reference:  Update your stimulus payment direct deposit information

The IRS issues stimulus payments.  If you're eligible for a payment but you didn't get it, the IRS recommends claiming the Recovery Rebate Credit.  Please visit the IRS' Get My Payment website for more information.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies