Solved: I received another w-2, can I add to next years?

klevantovski

I received another w-2, can I add to next years?

Heather14

No, all of your W-2's from 2016 will need to be filed/included with your 2016 tax return.  

If you have already filed your returnyou'll need to wait for your tax return to either be rejected or accepted, if it is rejected you can add your Form W-2, correct any other errors on the return and resubmit it. If it is accepted, you will need to amend your return to include the Form W-2. 

Please be aware that Form 1040X will not be available to prepare in TurboTax until mid-February, but once it is available, you will be able to prepare and print your amended return so that you can mail it to the IRS. You cannot e-file an amended return as this cannot be filed electronically.  The form is only filed on paper, so it will need to be printed and filed by mail. 

Please see the following TurboTax FAQ for instructions on how to amend your 2016 tax return in TurboTax.

Heather14