Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Duyugodu

I received an email from turbotax stating the IRS rejected my return and I needed to resubmit it. Nothing in my turbotax account shows that I need to fix anything

Both my federal and state returns show as pending. Should I disregard the email or call TurboTax customer service?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I received an email from turbotax stating the IRS rejected my return and I needed to resubmit it. Nothing in my turbotax account shows that I need to fix anything

Wait a few days to see if they are accepted or rejected. 

skgeorge108
Returning Member

When Ttax says it was rejected , the returns are rejected. that is why filing status screen shows pending status.

Ttax provides the reason for the rejected return and allows you to correct the errors and re-file.....

go to Ttax and click on the top (review) tax or (file) tap. you should be able to find out why the return was rejected and how to fix the problem...

Thank..........Samir  skgeorge108

Duyugodu

There is no option to "fix" or resubmit anything. 

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

If a return is rejected, Turbo Tax will usually send you an email with the action that needs to be taken; the following is what you would expect to see: Rejected Tax Return.

Additionally, to be completely sure, you may check your e-file status here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies