I received a DFAS form 705 for greater than 3,000.. I entered it where turbo tax instructed to, but it did not increase my refund one cent. Why is that?

It could be that adding this to your Itemized Deductions still did not increase them enough to beat the Standard Deduction.

TurboTax will give you whichever Deduction is greater, Itemized or Standard.

If you still have more Itemized Deductions to enter, this situation could change.

Here's more info:

It should be counted as a credit seeing I payed taxed on the same money twice.