I received a 1099 Misc from a farm in MO, I live i...

I received a 1099 Misc from a farm in MO, I live in KS. Do I have to file tax returns in both states. Most of the work is done in Kansas.

You do not have to file a Missouri return if you are not required to file a federal return. If you are required to file a federal return, you may not have to file a Missouri return if:

• you are a resident and have less than $1,200 of Missouri adjusted gross income;
  • you are a nonresident with less than $600 of Missouri income; or
  • your Missouri adjusted gross income is less than the amount of your standard deduction plus your personal exemption.

Note: If you are not required to file a Missouri return, but you received a W-2 form indicating you had Missouri tax withheld, you must file a Missouri return to get a refund of your Missouri withholding. If you are not required to file a Missouri return and you do not anticipate an increase in income, you may consider changing your W-4 form to "exempt" so your employer will not withhold Missouri tax.