turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I reached the e-file limit of 5, If I buy another product under my wife's email address can I copy my return from the original software to the new product and e-file it?

I reached the e-file limit of 5, If I buy another product under my wife's email address can I copy my return from the original software to the new product and e-file it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

There is no way to get around the 5 efile limit which is imposed by the IRS unless you file from a different internet location. It is not based on email addresses. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

There is no way to get around the 5 efile limit which is imposed by the IRS unless you file from a different internet location. It is not based on email addresses. 

Hal_Al
Level 15

You would not be able to transfer the previously prepared return to the new software.
yt0718

Can I file at my neighbor's house?  

I'm not sure what controls the limit. If it is the internet address, it might work by filing it from your neighbors and using their internet.

You can always print and mail the returns. There is no limit on the number of returns that can be mailed. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies