turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I purchased cD?download version of Turbotax Home and Business 2016. Staples provides the downloads for 3 years only. How do I download the sogtware from Intuit?

7 Replies

I purchased cD?download version of Turbotax Home and Business 2016. Staples provides the downloads for 3 years only. How do I download the sogtware from Intuit?

Sorry for the typos in the original posting. The following is an edited version:

I purchased CD/download version of Turbotax Home and Business 2016 from Staples. Staples provides the software downloads for 3 years only. How do I download the software from Intuit?   Thanks  

TurboTax does not support tax year 2016.  It only supports tax years 2022 thru 2019.

You could possibly get a 2016 TurboTax software from an online retailer.  However, there will not be any 2016 updates available nor 2016 state programs available.

If you need to file a 2016 tax return then you should seek out a local tax professional in your area to assist in completing the 2016 tax return.  Also, the 2016 tax return can only be printed and mailed, it cannot be e-filed.

Sorry, Turbo Tax only supports the last 3 years.  Even if you got it installed you wouldn't be able to update it or download any state programs.  

Thank for replying and clarifying the realities.  I do appreciate. Please help me out with a supplementary question: 

Is it possible to file an ameneded return for a year older than 3 years, say Tax Year 2019 using the original TT solftware eventhough updates are no longer available?

@Ra336 Tax year 2019 updates and software is still available for filing or to amend a 2019 return that has been filed.

Thank you very much for your kind reply. I do appreciate it.

Thank you again.  I do unbderstand and appreciate it.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing

Related Content

Manage cookies