I purchased cD?download version of Turbotax Home and Business 2016. Staples provides the downloads for 3 years only. How do I download the sogtware from Intuit?

Sorry for the typos in the original posting. The following is an edited version:

I purchased CD/download version of Turbotax Home and Business 2016 from Staples. Staples provides the software downloads for 3 years only. How do I download the software from Intuit?   Thanks  

TurboTax does not support tax year 2016.  It only supports tax years 2022 thru 2019.

You could possibly get a 2016 TurboTax software from an online retailer.  However, there will not be any 2016 updates available nor 2016 state programs available.

If you need to file a 2016 tax return then you should seek out a local tax professional in your area to assist in completing the 2016 tax return.  Also, the 2016 tax return can only be printed and mailed, it cannot be e-filed.

Sorry, Turbo Tax only supports the last 3 years.  Even if you got it installed you wouldn't be able to update it or download any state programs.  

Thank for replying and clarifying the realities.  I do appreciate. Please help me out with a supplementary question: 

Is it possible to file an ameneded return for a year older than 3 years, say Tax Year 2019 using the original TT solftware eventhough updates are no longer available?

@Ra336 Tax year 2019 updates and software is still available for filing or to amend a 2019 return that has been filed.

Thank you very much for your kind reply. I do appreciate it.

Thank you again.  I do unbderstand and appreciate it.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing