Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I purchased a cd, but my return was rejected, so I have to fix it online (I am away from my desktop) how can I not have to pay for the online and the CD programs?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I purchased a cd, but my return was rejected, so I have to fix it online (I am away from my desktop) how can I not have to pay for the online and the CD programs?

Sorry it does not work that way.  Online and the CD/download are two completely different platforms.   You cannot pay for online software using the license code for the download, nor can you move the tax file from the 2021 download to the online software.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I'm not an expert, but I don't think you can.  They are 2 different products.

Also, if you are expecting to be able to access the return you prepared on your desktop online, you are mistaken.  The data from your desktop is not available online.  If you used the online product, you would have to start all over.

I suggest you file an extension request.

More information and how to do it is available here:

https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/extension-of-time-to-file-your-tax-return

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies